What is it
Different to synthetic vitamin C which contain highly processed, isolated ascorbates,
Pure Plant-Source ORGANICGreenVITAMIN C is a blend of pure, certified organically grown Acerola, Baobab and Camu Camu all rich in natural vitamin C and synergistic nutrients.
This high-potency blend of organic superfoods provides 600mg of natural Vitamin C in every serve.
Natural Vitamin C is best …
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient critical in many metabolic processes including collagen synthesis to build strong connective tissue, carnitine synthesis for fatty acid metabolism, neurotransmitter function and immune system function.
Although some claim synthetic Vitamin C is chemically identical to that found in plants, the production process of synthetic Vitamin C is very different to the way plants make it.
Synthetically produced Vitamin C is processed from corn starch with the use of hydrochloric acid, heat, enzymes, acetone to produce ascorbic acid, whereas ORGANICGreenVITAMIN C is a unique blend of wholefoods naturally-rich in vitamin C that also contain a broad-spectrum of naturally-occurring synergistic nutrients vital for the optimum uptake & utilisation of Vitamin C in the human body.
Pure Plant-Source ORGANICGreenVITAMIN C is imported and packed under GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) license in Australia and contains NO animal products, NO gluten, NO dairy, NO GMO, NO herbicides, NO pesticides, NO heavy metals, NO contaminants, NO TSE/BSE contamination, NO environmental pollutants, NO plastic, NO BPA.
What are its health benefits
While Vitamin C is important for fighting colds and flu, this essential nutrient does so much more - the benefits are numerous.
Yes it really does help you fight off the sniffles or a cough. Keep you and your family topped up with natural Vitamin C to reduce the likelihood of catching anything, or reduce the severity if you are already ill.
Help regulate blood sugar
Avoid the highs and lows that come with a poor diet to keep your blood sugar levels steady. Natural Vitamin C can help support this, so you don’t find yourself reaching for a biscuit or chocolate bar every day at 3pm.
Help with weight loss
Whether you want to drop kilos or improve strength, natural Vitamin C can help. Being deficient in Vitamin C can make it very difficult to lose weight and reach a healthy BMI.
A potent antioxidant
Natural Vitamin C can help reduce damage to the body from things like pollution and cigarette smoke. It can even help reduce the signs of ageing.
Helps reduce effects of stress
Everyday stress can reduce your body’s stores of Vitamin C, so it’s a good idea to ensure you have an adequate intake. For busy people stress comes with the job, so ensure you are looking after yourself as well as the family.
The good news is that it’s hard to overdo it with natural Vitamin C – anything your body doesn’t need is expelled in your urine because Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin.
History shows us that humans lost the ability to synthesize Vitamin C millions of years ago, so it has to come through our diet. 17th Century trans-oceanic sailors on a diet of meat and biscuits suffered and died from scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency) until it was discovered simply adding fruit and vegetables to the mariner’s diet solved the problem. Scurvy is now making a comeback in some parts of the developed world where basic nutrition has been neglected.
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient critical in many metabolic processes including collagen synthesis to build strong connective tissue, carnitine synthesis for fatty acid metabolism, neurotransmitter function and immune system function.(1)
- Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can strengthen the body's natural defences. Antioxidants clean up free radical molecules generated by pollution and help prevent oxidative stress that has been linked to chronic disease.(2)
- Vitamin C helps white blood cells function better to help protect the body against infections by encouraging the production of white blood cells and preventing damage to them from harmful molecules.(3)
These are just some of the health benefits of getting enough natural Vitamin C in your diet, whether it’s from the fresh foods you eat or a natural superfood supplement like ORGANICGreenVITAMIN C
(1)Effect of five-year supplementation of vitamin C on serum vitamin C concentration and consumption of vegetables and fruits in middle-aged Japanese: a randomized controlled trial.
Five-year vitamin C supplementation induces a remarkable increase in serum vitamin C concentration.
(2) Dietary antioxidant vitamins intake and mortality: A report from two cohort studies of Chinese adults in Shanghai.
This study suggests that total carotene and vitamin C intake from diet were associated with fewerdeaths from all causes and cardiovascular disease in middle-aged or elderly people in China.
(3) Technical advance: ascorbic acid induces development of double-positive T cells from human hematopoietic stem cells in the absence of stromal cells.
Experiments show a pivotal role for Ascobic Acid during human in vitro T cell development.
How and where is it grown
The three Vitamin C rich ingredients in ORGANICGreenVITAMIN C are;
1) Certified Organic Acerola (Malpighia emarginata) berry is a bright red fruit with exceptionally high Vitamin C content, containing between twenty to fifty times as much vitamin C by weight as an orange. Our Organic Acerola powder is a USDA/ACO certified organic plant-based source of 25% naturally occurring vitamin C, with no additional ascorbic acid added. The Acerola fruit is grown in Brazil and then freeze dried using a proprietary process to ensure the preservation of vitamin C.The Organic Acerola also contains B vitamins and minerals such as iron, phosphorous, calcium as well as flavonoids.
Acerola Berry bush and fruit
3) Certified Organic Baobab (Adansonia digitata) is another renowned ancient medicinal fruit from Africa's 'Tree of Life'. It is the only fruit in the World that dries naturally on the branch and is a good source of Vitamin C and a broad-spectrum of minerals and vitamins. The fruit is found inside hard pods that hang upside down and is wild-harvested from organic trees in Benin, Africa. The naturally dried seeds are removed and ground into a nutrient-rich powder.
Baobab tree and fruit
4) Certified Organic Camu Camu (Myrciaria dubia) fruit is harvested from small bushy riverside trees in the Amazon rainforest, Peru. Our whole organic Camu Camu powder is made from the skin, pulp and seeds of the fruit, which are then dehydrated and made into a pure powder. Camu Camu is known to contain Vitamin C as well as natural antioxidants and inflammatory properties.
Camu Camu tree and fruit
ORGANICGreenVITAMIN C is packed in Australia in a licensed GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) facility.
We only use 100% recyclable food-grade glass and metal packaging – we use NO plastic bottles and NO plastic lids, so there is NO BPA and NO plastic waste.
Most importantly, we use the unique LOCTEC™ Nutrient Protection Technology to keep our wonderful ORGANICGreenVITAMIN C protected from oxidation and moisture while in the bottle and on the shelf, so our customers get the very best quality product possible.