Seven Ways to Make 2017 your Year of Wellness!
Written by Margaux J Rathbun, B.S., N.T.P.
2017 is finally upon us! Now that the holidays are over, are you wondering how you can make this your healthiest year ever? One of the most common resolutions people make is to lose weight. Why not take things a step further and focus on having optimal health throughout your entire body? Here are seven ways to thrive during 2017.
- Get active! Numerous studies have shown that exercise not only helps you lose weight, it improves your mood! More often than not, the start of the year can bring about a lot of stress. We are feeling the financial pinch from the holidays, setting goals, making resolutions, and keeping busy with work priorities. Be sure to schedule time out for some form of physical activity every day. Whether it is swimming, running, hiking or yoga, do something that is fun! After all, isn’t that what life is all about?
- Pick up some fresh produce! I cannot tell you how many people I know that are lacking adequate amounts of fruits and veggies in their diet. Plant-based foods are rich in nutrients to help us look and feel are best, something that is very important for a healthy new year! The next time you go grocery shopping, make sure you focus on making purchases in the fresh produce section. Buy a variety of colour in your fruit and vegetables. Not only will this add flavor to your meals, it gives your body the vitamins, minerals, and enzymes needed to function at its full capacity. After all, fresh is best!
- Stay hydrated. One of the easiest ways to stay healthy this year is to drink plenty of water. When we consume diuretic beverages like coffee, tea, and alcohol, we deplete our body of this valuable element. How much water should you drink? Take your body weight and divide it in half. The number you get is the total number of ounces you need every day in order to thrive. If you think water taste boring, try squeezing in a little bit of lemon juice. Not only is it delicious it gives your body a boost of vitamin C.
- Focus on fat! I know you’ve probably heard about the benefits of including coconut oil in your diet. Coconut oil is a wonderful way to get medium chain fatty acids into your diet while adding flavor to a variety of dishes. GREEN NUTRITIONALS Vanuatu Wild Harvest coconut oil is high in lauric acid, which is believed to have strong antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. It has a delicious nutty flavor and is incredibly easy to use in cooking! Focus on adding this healthy fat into your diet as often as possible
- Blend it up! If you slack on breakfasts, why not get in the habit of making smoothies! Smoothies are simple way to incorporate a variety of ingredients into your morning routine. GREEN NUTRITIONALS has a variety of products that go nicely into just about any smoothie recipe you can think of. I highly recommend their Organic African Baobab powder. It’s rich natural fibre, vitamin C, electrolytes, antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals. All it takes is a little scoop and you are giving your body a beneficial boost of nutrients!
- Pamper yourself. We have a tendency to overdo it at the beginning of the new year. This is because we set resolutions and goals for ourselves, aiming as high as possible. While there is nothing wrong for reaching for the stars, make sure you are taking time to care for yourself. Whether it’s relaxing in a bath or reading a good book, don’t neglect daily time for relaxation. Not only does it promote a healthy adrenal system, it will improve your mood. After all, who wants to be stressed out all the time? Focusing on self-care is one of the easiest ways to stay healthy and happy during 2017!
- Reassess your superfoods and supplement routine. If you are like me, you have a big cupboard full of various supplements. When was the last time you took inventory of all that you had? Do you know if some of your supplements have expired? Organize your superfoods and supplement stash and make sure you have the essentials to keep you healthy. Rather than taking 10 different types, take the ones that give you the most bang for your buck. That’s why I highly recommend the supplements from GREEN NUTRITIONALS, not only are they packaged in LOCTEC 100% glass and metal packaging (to ensure freshness and no plastic residue) they are incredibly easy to incorporate into your healthy routine. Whether you prefer tablets, capsules or powders, the GREEN NUTRITIONALS range has you covered!