It’s February and that means it is the month of love! For many, Valentine’s Day is welcomed with open arms, passionate kisses, and a big box of chocolates. What about those of us who are flying solo? How can we celebrate this holiday of love? Why not take this time as an opportunity to cherish and love yourself, no matter who you are or what’s happening in your life. Self-love starts with self-acceptance and meeting yourself right where you are. It also means nourishing your mind, body, and spirit. This Valentine’s Day, why not give one of these five ways to pamper yourself a try! Your body will love you for it!
1. Spend some time in Nature: Studies have shown that being outside for just 20 minutes a day helps to increase our energy levels and promotes a positive mood. It has also been shown to boost vitality and wellness in our bodies. This Valentine’s Day, why not lace-up your walking shoes and take a trek through your favorite spot in nature. Stroll along the beach, hike up a hill, or sit peacefully in a forest. Spend some time reflecting on the beauty that surrounds you!
2. Meditate on Love: For thousands of years, people have been using meditation as a way to get grounded and renew their spirit. Meditation has also been shown to relieve stress and promote an uplifting mood. On Valentine’s Day, spend 30 minutes meditating on the reasons you love yourself. Sit in a quiet spot, get comfortable, and banish any negative thoughts that float into your mind. Focus on all of the wonderful reasons as to why you are so special.
3. Get your Greens: Show your body some love by nourishing it with the key nutrients it needs to think and function properly! Make yourself a delicious green smoothie and supercharge it by adding some Green Superfoods powder, nosh on a big bowl of salad, or snack on some healthy sweet treats! Need some recipe inspiration? Be sure to download our free eBook packed with recipes that you are sure to love.
4. Look and Feel Beautiful: By now, you have probably heard about the amazing health benefits of coconut oil. Did you know that it is just as beneficial for your skin as well? Why not treat yourself to a Vanuatu Wild Harvest Coconut Oil hair mask? Simply rub this coconut oil through your wet hair, cover your head with a shower cap or towel and let it rest for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair and be amazed at how silky, smooth and soft it feels! You can also rub our coconut oil onto your skin, lips, and nails. Best of all? Your body will smell like a tropical paradise, naturally of course!
5. Soak in a relaxing, warm bath: If you are feeling stressed and just want to disappear from the daily hassles of everyday life, why not spend 20 minutes soaking in a warm bath. Taking a bath can help to soothe tense muscles, reduce headaches, and promote tranquility in your body. Add some essential oil to the tub for the added benefit of aromatherapy, play your favorite classical music, and light some candles. Create an at-home spa experience that is just for you!…