Five Natural Ways to put a Spring in your Step
The seasonal change of Winter into Spring is one of my favourite times of the year. It symbolizes new beginnings and the opportunity for personal growth and development. It’s all about getting rid of the old and bringing in the new! As Spring approaches, I take this mentality and apply it to my wellness regime as I find it gives me a renewed sense of vitality. I’m a busy woman and the last thing I need is to feel sluggish or hung-over from the cold Winter months. If you can relate to this and you feel like you need a little spring in your step, here are my five tips to help you feel energized.
- Stay hydrated: Sometimes I feel like a broken record when it comes to the topic of drinking water but staying hydrated is extremely important, especially if you’re looking to increase your energy levels. Our bodies are made up primarily of water and we deplete this valuable resource as we go about our day. Dehydrating things like exercise, coffee, and alcohol can leave us feeling sluggish and irritable. I suggest carrying around a glass water bottle to remind you to drink water on a regular basis. How much water do you need to drink? Take your body weight divided in half. The number you get is the total amount of ounces that you should be drinking each day.
2. Green Goodness: If you follow my blog posts, you know that I am obsessed with taking GREEN NUTRITIONALS Yaeyama Pacifica Chlorella tablets on a daily basis. I have found that it’s a wonderful way for me to wake up and start the day! In addition to feeling energized, the nutrients found in this amazing product have helped me clear up my skin and keep me healthy as I transition into the warmer months. I will also add GREEN NUTRITIONALS Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina into my soups, salad dressings, and smoothies. As we move into spring, get in the habit of including valuable green nutrients into your diet on a regular basis. Your body will thank you!
3. Meditate: As a busy professional, I always have a lot on my mind. If I don’t take the time to slow down and meditate, all of the racing thoughts can really wear me down. That’s why I’m a huge advocate for meditating at least 20 minutes a day. I use this time to set my intentions and focus on the good things in my life. I clear my head of any stressful thoughts and allow myself to relax. This simple act gives me a renewed sense of vitality and helps me take on any challenging tasks that may come my way.
4. Walk: Moving around and walking every day is right up there on my list with drinking water. I find that walking in nature not only helps me feel grounded but it gives me a huge boost of energy. If possible, try to walk in an area full of beautiful natural things. Take time to appreciate the trees, flowers, birds, etc. Use your walk as another form of meditation, reflecting on all the wonderful things that are in your life. Set goals and intentions that will contribute to your personal growth. You will find this experience to be cleansing and invigorating!
5. Make your own meals: Not only is cooking a lot of fun, prepping your own meals is a great way to ensure your body is getting all the nutrients it needs to stay energized. Go to your local market and pick up fruits and vegetables that are currently in-season. Prepare a delicious meal and appreciate all of the health benefits that it will bring you and your family! Experiment with different flavours, colours, and textures. They say that variety is the spice of life and cooking gives you an opportunity to really rev-things-up with your meals!
Written by Margaux J Rathbun, B.S., N.T.P.
Find out more about Margaux J Rathbun, B.S., N.T.P. –
International Media Nutritionist
– – – or FOLLOW her here! – – –