Winter is here and the cold and flu season is upon us! The days are getting shorter, the nights cooler and it seems like everywhere you go, somebody is coughing or sneezing. Fortunately, there are some easy ways to boost immunity and stay well this year. Here are five easy ways you can keep your immune system strong while promoting optimal wellness throughout your body.
- Get your Greens – Let’s be honest, chances are you don’t get enough nutrients from greens on a daily basis. Whether you are just too busy or you aren’t a fan of cooking, it can be quite a chore to get that daily recommend amount of nutrients from green plants, especially as the weather gets cooler. That’s why I am such a big fan of the GREEN NUTRITIONALS ‘Green Superfoods with marine plant minerals’ capsules and powder. They contain a 100% natural, super-rich spectrum of wholefood nutrients including powerful plant pigments and carotenoids, plant enzymes, complete plant proteins, organic vitamins, minerals and trace elements. If you love making smoothies, simply add a tablespoon of the GREEN NUTRITIONALS Green Superfoods powder to the mix for an added boost of nutrients. If smoothies aren’t your thing, or you are short on time, just take a few capsules! It’s such a convenient way to get those immune boosting nutrients every day!
- Stay Hydrated – One of the easiest ways to stay well this season is to sip lots and lots of water! One of the benefits of staying hydrated is that it helps to flush out all of the toxins that can make you sick while ensuring that your cells get the oxygen they need. Add a squeeze of fresh, lemon or lime juice to further enhance your immune system with a boost of natural vitamin C. Get yourself a cute glass or metal water bottle and make sure you stay hydrated, especially on-the-go!
- Go Crazy for Coconut Oil – Do you need another reason to love GREEN NUTRITIONALS Vanuatu Wild Harvest Coconut Oil? Believe it or not, coconut oil has been shown to help boost immunity. That’s because it contains antiviral properties from the lauric and caprylic acid. Try incorporating a tsp of coconut oil into your diet every day. Add it to toast, drop some in your tea, or use it to cook a veggie stir fry. Whatever your fancy, your taste buds and immune system will thank you for it!
- Chill out – It’s no secret that we live in a very stressful world. We are constantly bombarded with negative news, work obligations, and scheduling conflicts. All of this is enough to drive you mad! Unfortunately, all of that stress can negatively impact our bodies, especially our immune system. That’s why it is important to take time to relax every day. Whether you are a fan of meditation, hot baths, or long walks, find an activity that brings your peace and happiness.
- Digest this – Believe it or not, the digestion system is the foundation for promoting optimal wellness throughout or body. If we aren’t digesting our food, how are we going to get all of those valuable nutrients to keep us healthy? In order to promote digestive health, focus on eating your meals slowly while thoroughly chewing your food. Be aware of foods that don’t “sit well” with you, like red meats or dairy. If you do eat these food, consider taking a digestive enzyme to help with the assimilation process. Make sure you are incorporating lots of fiber-rich foods into your diet to keep your elimination pathways open. By ensuring your digestion system is in working order, you are more likely to keep your immune system strong and healthy.