Need help to stop those niggling coughs and sniffles? It’s that time of the year when the cold and flu can run rampant, causing us to miss out on work and life in general. Don’t let feeling ‘under the weather’ slow you down! Turn to nutrition and natural therapies as a way to help you stay well during these cooler months.
Read on for six easy ways to help boost your immunity …
1. Vitamin C: Did you know that GREEN NUTRITIONALS Organic African Baobab Powder is packed with immune boosting nutrients including vitamin C? Known as the Queen of Superfruits, baobab has been used by Africans as a source of easily digestible nutrients, including fiber, electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals. Baobab is also rich in antioxidants to help fight off damaging free radicals in your body. GREEN NUTRITIONALS Organic African Baobab Powder has a delicious tangy flavor that makes it easy to add to a variety of recipes! Start your day with an immune boosting smoothie and add about one teaspoon of the baobab powder to the mix.
2. Get your Greens: Many of us fall short of getting enough green foods in our daily diet. Whether we are busy with work, raising a family, or we simply forget to eat nutrient-dense food, including green superfoods into your meals has never been easier. GREEN NUTRITIONALS offers the wide range of Green Superfoods including Hawaiian Pacifica Spirulina, Australian Organic Supergrass, and Yaeyama Pacifica Chlorella. You can add the powder to a variety of recipes or simply take some in tablet form. These super greens are rich in nutrients to help boost immunity and get you ‘on your game’ in no time at all!
3. Drink plenty of water: You may have heard that our bodies are made up primarily of water. As we go out and about during the day, we lose water through sweat and by drinking dehydrating beverages. Help your body stay well by giving it plenty of beneficial water! How much water should you drink? Take your body weight and divide it in half. The number you get is the total amount of water you need in ounces to stay healthy and happy. Get in the habit of carrying around a glass water bottle with you. This will help you remember to stay hydrated.
4. Wash your hands: This may sound like a no-brainer but it is important for your immunity to keep your hands clean during cold and flu season. Nasty germs and bacteria congregate on a variety of surfaces, including door handles, shopping cart bars, even elevator buttons. When you leave the house, wash your hands upon returning home. Make sure you use plenty of natural soap and water and get the areas under your nails. Also, keep your hands away from your face to help protect yourself from cold and flu causing germs.
5. Take out the garbage: Have you been blowing your nose nonstop? Are your garbage bins overflowing with used tissues? Get those nasty germs out of your house and protect your immunity by taking the garbage out on a regular basis, even every day! You may want to take it a step further and disinfect your garbage cans once they are empty. It may seem like a lot of extra work but it may help shorten your recovery time from dealing with a cold and flu.
6. Disinfect your electronic devices: What is the one thing you hold in your hand more than anything else you own? Chances are it’s your mobile phone! Think of how many nasty germs are covering the surface of it, including the buttons and case used to protect it. Use natural essential oils or antibacterial wipes every night to clean your phone and other hand-held devices from cold and flu causing germs.
Written by – Margaux J Rathbun, B.S., N.T.P.